November 30, 2008

Cloning?


Today, I will interview two people who have different opinions about cloning, but first I’ll explain what cloning is. Cloning is the name given to the process that creates identical organisms, called clones.
ME: Hi! James, what do you think of cloning?
JAMES: Well, I’m against genetic manipulation in general but cloning to me is the most horrible thing that has been created until now. God creates us! We are not allowed to create other organisms by our own hands. Each, person is unique, even animals are unique. What are we to change that?
If we stop, just for a while, to think we would be able to see all the consequences of cloning a human been. Imagine a person, physically identical to another person but younger, who was born with defects and is treated like a second-class citizen. Can you see a future in someone like this? I can’t.
Society is not ready to face the cloning challenge. That’s my opinion!
ME: Thank you James, your opinion is very important to us. Now, it’s your turn Sarah.
SARAH: I’m for cloning. I can't even agree with the arguments that James presented. God doesn’t have anything to do with cloning.
I recognize that cloning and genetic manipulation in general are difficult issues to talk and discuss. However, my point is that cloning brings us more benefits than disadvantages. If cloning was allowed sterile couples would be able to have kids and organs transplants would be easier because clones have the same DNA. See… cloning is the future
ME: Sarah, thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
Well, now that you have heard different points of view, tell us your own one.

1 comment:

Rchrd said...

Ana, blogging is a good way to enhance your English writing skills. For a English learner, you have gone a long way. Read and write more to practice and I am sure that you will be better with the passage of time. Good luck and keep in touch!