October 18, 2008

The Future!



“Teenagers and children are the future” that’s what my grandparents always say and I think that’s true. We are the future and we can make a change.
When I look around I see a lot of things that I would like to change. Personally I really care about the environment. Everyday TV shows us a bunch of dreadful news related with our planet’s environment. By these days hurricanes, floods and temperature rise are very common.
The problem is that in general we don’t worry about our planet and the truth is that we can’t carry on like this because if we do, we will end-up searching for another planet to live or destroy.
To reverse this we can start to educate children about environmental threats, like greenhouse effect, global warming, acid rains and rainforest destruction. If they realized the importance of these problems, I suppose that they will make the necessary difference and transform this planet in a better place.
We have to alternatives: act immediately or carry on as we have been doing and end-up «murdering» the earth. That’s why my grandparents are correct: we truly are the future! But what kind are we creating?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the information that we, students, are getting about global warming and about our "global situation" is increasing, but it's still not enough. We have to do more.

And my grandma and even my parents say that: we really are the future!